Sign up to get started!
Start here to receive complete access to this free program.Log In
The Perfect Race
If you’re new to running, signing up for a race is the perfect way to kick off your routine and boost motivation. This 2-week Runner’s World 5-K Training Jumpstart will help get you build your base to prepare for a full-length training plan.
- Train 3 days a week. Running just a few times a week will get you where you need to be.
- Go at your own pace. The emphasis in this plan is distance, not speed, so you don’t have to worry about your finish time.
Register for the Daily Plan!You'll get full online access, plus reminders in your inbox every day.
At a Glance
The Runner’s World 5-K Training Jumpstart program gives you everything you need to gear up for race day. The plan includes:
- Running workouts: Short, easy runs gradually increase in distance each week to improve your stamina and speed.
- No strict eating plan! Just follow the daily workouts and turn fat into lean muscle.
- A fringe benefit of training: You’ll burn major calories and peel off pounds! The easy-to-use weight tracker charts your progress along the way.
Source: The Runner’s World 5-K Training Jumpstart is based on a plan designed by the editors of Runner’s World magazine. You can find more plans like this, tailor-made for you, on the Runner’s World Personal Trainer subscription site.