The word "diet" is about as exciting as wearing pantyhose. We try and try and try to get on the right track, but often times the hardest part about eating right is simply starting over from square one. And why is that, exactly? Because going on a diet means making some major changes, changes that albeit healthy -- may completely alter your day-to-day lifestyle.
More from Fitbie: Lose Weight With Chocolate Snacks
Don't worry, you're not alone in the struggle that is losing weight. Need a laugh and some inspiration to get on the right track? Check out these 10 phases of starting a diet:
1. You decide it's time to make a change because you're fed up with your bad habits.
2. You head to the grocery store to stock your cabinets with healthy foods, but then this happens:
3. The night before Diet Day, you give yourself a "last supper" complete with an extra serving of dessert.
4. The morning your diet begins, you feel empowered.
5. Mid-afternoon your stomach rumbles and you're wondering if sneaking in an extra VitaTop would kill your healthy vibe.
6. Instead, you opt for a few carrots.
7. You get home from a long day, and daydream of cake while questioning Juan Pablo's language barrier on The Bachelor:
8. You wonder what's worse: eating something else or continuing to feel snug in your jeans.
9. Yet you resist tempations to quit already, grab a snack, and hit the gym:
10. Pass out, only to dream of all of the foods you didn't eat the day before.
All right, so dieting doesn't always have to be such a major battle. Eating healthy does not mean you have to sacrifice all of the foods and habits that you absolutely love. Take a looksee at these helpful weight loss links:
UP NEXT: 3 Ways to Stay Slim for Good