1. Keep your gaze focused directly ahead, not down at your feet.
2. Stand tall, head straight and chin up; avoid leaning forward.
3. Roll your shoulders back and down, not scrunched up by your ears.
4. Make a relaxed fist, as though cupping a fragile potato chip.
5. Tighten your abs, pulling belly button toward spine. (Search: Can you walk off belly fat?)
6. Bend your arms; naturally swing them forward and back without crossing the center of your body.
7. With each step, land on your heels and push off with your toes. (Aim for a midfoot strike when running.)
25 Best Cities for Walking