7 Delicious No-Cook Breakfasts
Cheaper than a restaurant brunch, less labor-intensive than pancakes, and more nutritious than cereal, yogurt parfaits have become a summer breakfast staple in my house. But, after countless strawberry-yogurt-honey-granola concoctions, I could stand to add a little variety to my morning meal.
That’s where Manhattan-based nutritionist and Editor in Chief of TheHealthyApple.com Amie Valpone—and her arsenal of parfait recipes—come in.
All nutritious parfaits start with generally the same formula, she explains. “Mix in lean proteins, like nuts and fiber-filled seeds, fiber from fruit, sweetness from flavored extracts and antioxidant-loaded spices, and whole grains, such as KIND Healthy Grains gluten-free granolas, along with a swirl of natural sweeteners, like maple syrup or honey,” Valpone says. From there, the combinations are endless.
To get your creative juices flowing, check out a handful of Valpone’s yogurt parfait recipes.
1. Combine 1-1/2 cups Stonyfield Plain Greek Yogurt with KIND Healthy Grains Oats & Honey Granola, 1 medium peeled and segmented orange, 1 Tbsp dried unsweetened cherries, 1 Tbsp chopped almonds and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (pictured below).
2. Combine 1-1/2 cups Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt with KIND Healthy Grains Peanut Butter Granola, 1/3 cup fresh blackberries, 1 tsp sunflower seeds and 1/4 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes.
3. Combine 1-1/2 cups Stonyfield Organic Caramel Greek Yogurt with 1/4 cup KIND Healthy Grains Vanilla Blueberry Granola, 1 medium diced pear, 1 Tbsp crushed pecans and 1 tsp maple syrup.
4. Combine 1-1/2 cups Fage 2% Greek Yogurt with 1 diced banana, 2 Tbsp shelled pistachios and 1 tsp honey (pictured below).
5. Combine 1-1/2 cups Chobani Banana Greek Yogurt with 1 Tbsp strawberry preserves, 1 tsp ground flax seeds, 1 Tbsp chopped cashews and 1/4 tsp fresh orange zest.
6. Combine 1-1/2 cups Dannon Oikos Black Cherry Greek Yogurt with 1 medium apple, 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 2 Tbsp slivered almonds and 1 tsp hemp seeds (pictured below).
7. Combine 1-1/2 cups Stonyfield Organic Vanilla Yogurt with 1/4 cup KIND Healthy Grains Dark Chocolate & Cranberry Granola, 5 fresh sliced strawberries, 2 tsp peanut butter, 1/2 tsp cocoa powder and 1/2 tsp chia seeds.
||Log In With Facebook to post a comment|