25 Trainer-Approved Motivational Mantras
The next time you're gutting out a tough workout, call to mind these inspirational sayings from top fitness instructors.
1. Feed your fitness. Starve your mediocrity."
—Krystal Breakley, Crunch trainer, @KrystalBreakley
2. “Where you are today isn't a product of your ability to succeed.”
—Peter Morgese, Crunch trainer, @PeteMorgese
3. "Don't think of it as a challenge, think of it as an opportunity. The universe will never give you more than you can handle."
—Marvin Foster Jr., instructor at SoulCycle, @marvinfosterjr
4. "Strength doesn't come from your muscles, it comes from courage."
—Laurie Cole, instructor at SoulCycle, @LaurieColeNYC
5. "It's delicious."
—Michele Bastos, National Pilates Director at Crunch uses this to remind clients to love the burn.
6. "Work hard, so you can play harder!"
7. "Give up, give in, or give it all you've got."
8. "Feel the fear, and do it anyway!"
—Jennifer Oppenheimer, spinning and yoga instructor at New York Sports Clubs
9. "If they're not burnin’, you’re not workin’."
10. "Last set! Put it all out there and leave nothing behind!"
—Bron Volney NASM-Certified Personal Trainer at Boston Sports Clubs
11. "This is not only the place where you come to strengthen your soul, it's also the place where you achieve success."
—Chad “String” Stringfellow, instructor at SoulCycle, @BODYbyString
12. "Close your eyes, ride your bike, appreciate your body."
—Janet Fitzgerald, instructor at SoulCycle, @spinpimp
13. "Every time you step in here you’re getting closer and closer to your goal. Stay determined."
14. "Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen."
—Will Gregory, Equinox Tier 3 Trainer
15. “You made it here, now make it worthwhile!”
16. “You are changing your body in this moment!”
17. “Don't quit when it gets hard; that is when you build strength!”
—Kerry Clarke, Pure Yoga Figure 4 Teacher
18. “If you want enlightenment, lighten up.”
19. “Sometimes what is in the way, is the way.”
—Halle Becker, PURE yoga instructor, @homegirlyoga
20. “Average effort yields average results.”
21. “Find an excuse, or find a way.”
22. “It's not about the strength of your body; it's about the strength of your mind.”
—Rachel Buschert, Equinox Group Fitness Instructor and Schwinn Master Trainer
23. "The best things in the life are the ones you work the hardest for."
24. “Pain is temporary, but results last forever."
25. "You gotta give it to get it."
—Randi Eisenshtat, National Equinox Training Camp Coordinator and group fitness instructor
||Log In With Facebook to post a comment|