How Many Calories Are In Honey Boo Boo's "Sketti"?
On last night’s episode of TLC’s “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” Mama June bragged that she feeds her family of six on just $80 a week. While we admire her thrifty ways, we can’t get behind her recipe for “sketti”: spaghetti covered in a sauce made out of equal parts ketchup and Country Crock margarine. Based on the video below, we estimate that a 1-cup serving of sketti clocks in at 670 calories, 36 g of fat (10 saturated), and—get this—1,733 mg of sodium, which is more than 200 mg above the recommended daily amount for kids Honey Boo Boo’s age and about 72 percent of an adult’s RDA.
Preparing inexpensive, healthy meals is one of the biggest challenges families face, but with smart shopping, it can be easy. Load your grocery cart with items like these.
- Carrots: 9 cents per serving
- Spinach: 31 cents per serving
- Red cabbage: 11 cents per serving
- Green beans: 50 cents per serving
- Bananas: 39 cents per serving
- Oranges: 59 cents per serving
- Apples: 69 cents per serving
- Black beans: 12 cents per serving
- Eggs: 17 cents per serving
- Canned tuna: $1 per serving
- Milk: 20 cents per serving
—Christine Mattheis, Editor
||Log In With Facebook to post a comment|